Giardino di Via S Michele

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Giardino di Via S Michele

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
Where is this in Trieste- Giardino di Via S Michele?
The card is large format- ed Miltifoto n.10.
Kind regards
Aldo
Allegati
Trieste Guardino S Michele.jpg
Trieste Guardino S Michele.jpg (108.58 KiB) Visto 848 volte
Trieste Guardino S Michele B.jpg
Trieste Guardino S Michele B.jpg (66.73 KiB) Visto 848 volte

sono piccolo ma crescero
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Re: Giardino di Via S Michele

Messaggio da sono piccolo ma crescero »

It is here

http://maps.google.it/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&h ... 9b6870c4ea

If I am not wrong it was built after the II WW by SELAD, an unemployment aid agency

See https://www.atrieste.eu/Forum3/viewtopic ... ilit=selad

Allora s’accorse che le parole fanno un effetto in bocca, e un altro negli orecchi; e prese un po’ più d’abitudine d’ascoltar di dentro le sue, prima di proferirle. (A. Manzoni, I promessi sposi, cap. XXXVIII)
Ursus Canadiensis
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Ursus Canadiensis »

Multifoto was the first company I worked for. Well... company would be the wrong word, just a little place with Gianni and wife, the owners, an Albanian photographer in charge of the printing assembly, another photographer and myself, all of sixteen years old and an apprentice photographer who carried the man's bag and tripod when he was out, around town, taking photographs.

The place reeked of bovine bile, which was the main ingredient the concoction used to bake a glossy coat on the strips of postcards that were being printed in the dark room.

I believe I was with the photographer (his name just came back to me, he was also called Bruno, I believe) when he took that picture. My most generous pay cheque for my eight to nine hours of labour per day in the stinky joint was all of L. 1000 per week - that was a six day week, of course.

Funny how one is stricken seeing an object of one's past come up all of a sudden. They say that time mellows once memories of harsh and pretty rotten times. I'd like to argue that. The only thing that was nice was being sixteen, and even that was not all that spectacular.

Cheers, everyone!

Arnie

If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instruction manual.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi Arnie
Fantastic memory- thank you!
Can you recal other bits of post war development that you took pictures of?
Kind regards
Aldo

Torna a “English section”