Ricordo di Trieste

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Ricordo di Trieste

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
I have many booklets of postcards and postacrd images. I want to ba able to date them. Is there a resource or expert in the forum who can help if I post up images of them?
Here is a starter...
Aldo
Allegati
Scrocchi4272.jpg

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Trusting in Misterkappa it is about 1920.
Vittore Antonio Cargnel (born Venezia 1872 – dead in Milano 1931) lived closed to Pordenone in the beginning of the 20s.

Mal no far, paura no gaver.
Coce
Ixolan
Ixolan

Query

Messaggio da Coce »

TRIESTE 1,I must commend you for your interest and zeal in Trieste things, but tell me how did you end up in Wales? I think it would be an interesting story. Ciao Coce :-)

La vita
Piu' che la pendi
Piu' la rendi
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Ending up in Wales

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
Well, my father was born in trieste in 1938, and therefore grew up during the war and post war period. My surname is Picek, and I don't suppose this made is life any easier in fascist Italy. He went to work in Rhodesia in the late 50s early 60s, i think, before coming to London to do his nurse training in the mid 60s.
I was born in '67 and grew up in London. Quite regularly, from a young boy, visited trieste. I have memories of Christmses, blizzards, elderly relatives in hospital, Stock brandy, the grand canal, terrorist bombings in oil refineries, stealing christmas trees in Jugoslavia, a penguin in the aquarium, museums... Visits were a rare thing in those days as air travel was expensive..

My father always encouraged me to collect stamps. So I did- Italy. I watched him collect also, including postcards of trieste. I did my education, and ended up in univeristy in Cardiff, capital of wales. Wherever I went I always looked for postcards to give to my father. I'm addicted to collecting, and over the years the collections have focused on, i suppose, bits of my identity- trieste (PCs, stamps, maps) and prague / czech republick (SOKOL).

Now my father has retired back to Italy, and postcard collection has been passed to me to carry on. Ive been a member of ebay for 11 years and ive been slowly accumulating trieste items. Ebay is a marvel for items that are not strictly postcards, but use the same images. And because they were bought by tourists they are spread all over the world, e.g. veiwmaster reels.

However ive always been troubled by the fact that stamp collecting, when it becomes serious, is so boring! As a bit of an academic myself I need to know when im dissappearing up my own fundament!!

So what will I do with the collection. I have a small collection of street plans of trieste, 1836 to today. Each card can be associated with a map and a landmark. Eventually ill have an English language website, based on maps and cards, suitable for tourists, the interested, or researchers, who want to learn about trieste. A popular celebration through many decades rather than a search and display for the most obsucre item findable!

I would also like to exhibit it one day using contemporary computer and AV tech to make the collection hands-on and interactive. Imagine walking into to an exhibit in the central post office in trieste, and touching a large screen to choose a map- 1850, 1895, 1918, 0r 1937, of trieste. Touch the screen for the street or landmark and see a selection of images from Postcards etc. From there you could choose images from the next odlest map, the same producer, or choose to read a bit of history (in English or Italian.) You might then choose 4 images to print out own customised 'salute' postcard, stamp it, cancell it with a special handstamp, asend it, all at the exhibition.

I hope this makes sense!
Aldo

Coce
Ixolan
Ixolan

Post subject

Messaggio da Coce »

Good on you, Aldo thanks for the replay,and it is a very interesting story
You are a very busy boy, Keepat it and one day you'll be SOMEBOY! :lol: :wink: :lol:
Ciao Coce

La vita
Piu' che la pendi
Piu' la rendi
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Help with next booklet

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi all
Here is another!
ISC TRIESTE
standard size, 12 cards black and white photos on matte card numbers 102164, 102163, 102161, 62674, 102165, 102159, 102160, 102166, 102268, 36362, 51151, and 3636.
when was this booklet produced?
Divided backs
my guess is 30-40,s
Aldo
Allegati
ISCTrieste1.jpg

McFriend
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da McFriend »

Hi Aldo, very good story, about italian emigration i have littel booklet in italian with the title "Guida per chi emigra in Rhodesia e (Nyasaland), from Italiani nel mondo, Roma,1956, with information about work, people and geograhpy. Other guide are always in italian about country: Usa, Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Canada and Australia.
Sorry for my not very good english. :wink:

My heart's in the Highlands
serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

I've found your story very interesting. One of my neighbours emigrated in Rhodesia in the same years. I was a child when he left. And one of my colleagues surname was Picek. He came from Istria and lives in Gorizia.

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
[size=75][i]"Quando comincia una guerra, la prima vittima è la Verità.
Quando la guerra finisce, le bugie dei vinti sono smascherate,
quelle dei vincitori, diventano Storia."
(A. Petacco - La nostra guerra)[/size][/i]

Torna a “English section”