Laurel and hardy in Trieste?

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Laurel and hardy in Trieste?

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
Pictured here is a canadian bit of postal stationary depicting Laurel and hardy.
Posted in trieste 24/12/45 with a train cancel 25/12/45 (?)
There is a message on the back from the pair (signed?) and addressed Via Imbriani 14 U.T.E.T.
Can someone translate the message, telll me what U.T.E.T. was and give any background for the card. Were they in trieste!!
Aldo
Allegati
Stanlio Ollio 1.jpg
Stanlio Ollio 1.jpg (89.05 KiB) Visto 1546 volte
Stanlio Ollio 2.jpg
Stanlio Ollio 2.jpg (93.77 KiB) Visto 1546 volte

sono piccolo ma crescero
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Re: Laurel and hardy in Trieste?

Messaggio da sono piccolo ma crescero »

trieste1 ha scritto:Hi All
Pictured here is a canadian bit of postal stationary depicting Laurel and hardy.
Posted in trieste 24/12/45 with a train cancel 25/12/45 (?)
There is a message on the back from the pair (signed?) and addressed Via Imbriani 14 U.T.E.T.
Can someone translate the message, telll me what U.T.E.T. was and give any background for the card. Were they in trieste!!
Aldo
U.T.A.T was a Travel Agency in Trieste. Nowadays its name is Cividin Viaggi. Its current adress is via Imbriani 11 and, as far as I can remember, it was always at the same address.

U.T.E.T. (Unione Tipografico Editrice Torinese) is a an important publishing company in Turin. There is an agency in Triest, via di Torrebianca 28.

I suggest the first one.

Allora s’accorse che le parole fanno un effetto in bocca, e un altro negli orecchi; e prese un po’ più d’abitudine d’ascoltar di dentro le sue, prima di proferirle. (A. Manzoni, I promessi sposi, cap. XXXVIII)
sono piccolo ma crescero
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da sono piccolo ma crescero »

Ah, sorry. The translation.

The text starts with some verse from a childish song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4mcLUGabyI
Once upon a time there was a little ship - stop -
which did not want to sail - stop -
now she is sailing - stop -
we'll be there soon - stop -
be ready to welcome us -stop
Kisses

Allora s’accorse che le parole fanno un effetto in bocca, e un altro negli orecchi; e prese un po’ più d’abitudine d’ascoltar di dentro le sue, prima di proferirle. (A. Manzoni, I promessi sposi, cap. XXXVIII)
macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

I don't believe Laurel and Hardy were ever at Trieste (but I can be wrong). More likely, a couple of best friends, possibly one fat and the other slim, whom signed it as a joke.

Torna a “English section”