Family Garzarolli

dela Tergeste medieval fin ala proclamazion del portofranco nel Settecento
Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
Eve
naufrago
naufrago

Family Garzarolli

Messaggio da Eve »

I am tracing my family roots and believe that my ancestors were a noble family living in Trieste. Also, I believe there was an Antonio Daniele de Garzarolli in the Council of Nobles and a doctor Pietro de Garzarolli living in Trieste. I believe the family came from a place near Milan originally and there is a road in Gorizia named after them. I also believe they received a title of nobility from the Pope. I have traced a Francivs Garzarol tomb at Senozece and attach picture of tomb. I know the family coat of arms has 2 lions holding 3 ears of corn, 2 owls with 3 stars above, and a crown and lion above holding 3 ears of corn. Does anybody have any information about this family? Any information would be gratefully received.

Immagine

babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

I wrote the first names in the English section.

On the grave I read Nation Bergomensis, I'd translate "of origin from Bergamo.." But why did he come around 1610 in this region? and what of the family after the XIX century?

"mi credo che i scrivi sta roba per insempiar la gente" ( La Cittadella)
Greta206Garzarolli
naufrago
naufrago

Re: Family Garzarolli

Messaggio da Greta206Garzarolli »

The family Garzarolli comes from Bergamo to Senožeče/Senosetsch, where they got the title of nobles "von Thurnlackh". The man burried in the tomb that u posted is the first of the "von Thurnlackh"-s Franciscus Garzarol, natione Bergomensis in the year 1610 in Senosetch. The family tree then parts three ways:
-Senosetch: Thurnlackh
-Trieste
-Adelsberg/Postojna/Postumia: Adlershofen
The only line, that I know of, that still lives is the Adelsberg line. They live in Postojna/Postumia, Ljubljana, Reka/Rieka/Fiume and Dunaj/Vienna. I'm a descendant of the Postojna/Postumia line. If you are interested I'll be glad to share my information with you. There is a family tree book called Wiener Genalogisches Taschenbuch 1927-28, but it's incompleete.

P.S. I don't know Italian

Regards

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Re: Family Garzarolli

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Please note that Eve is not visiting this web site from 2009. Good luck anyway :-)

Mal no far, paura no gaver.

Torna a “De 'l medio evo a 'l porto franco”