Just to start

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

The original pizza comes form the center- south Italy, Roma and Neaples. At the beginning it was only topped with tomato, the they added some mozzarella cheese and because it was appeciated by Queen Margherita, the first Italian queen, it's still called pizza margherita.
In the north Italy the pizza was unknown, they cooked a lot of rice, the milanese "risotti".
In the last 50 years the pizza spreaded in Italy and abroad, with new variations, e.g. the Pizza al gorgonzola that is a southern dish with a northern cheese, or the Pizza ai 4 formaggi ( 4 cheeses), or pizza vith vegetables.. and now we find , freezed, the American pizza!! thicker and with a lot of ham, sausages...
The ( rest of -)Italian women laugh at us Triestine women because we buy pasta and tortellini instead of making them at home as they do!

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Here in the states there is a bit of a rivalry over the better pizza style, New York or Chicago. Perhaps because I live on the East Coast I prefer New York style. Neither, however, can compare with the real deal.

Capuzi garbi

Messaggio da Capuzi garbi »

I hate to be the one who puts the stick in the spokes, but when I caught up with some friends in Trieste a few years ago, we decided to have a night out in a pizzeria somewhere on the road that leads from Cacciatore to Cattinara: The worst pizza I ever had (I don't think they knew what a pizza is like).

Thank goodness the company was congenial! :twisted: :twisted: If you want a good local dish, have a plate full (or two, or three) of jota. A soup fit for a king...or a president :lol:

babatriestina
senator
senator

Derick ha scritto:Here in the states there is a bit of a rivalry over the better pizza style, New York or Chicago. Perhaps because I live on the East Coast I prefer New York style. Neither, however, can compare with the real deal.
What's the difference between the two? :?: tell us! :-D

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

New York style pizza has a thin, chewey crust and a high butter/fat cheese.

Chicago style pizza is made in a deep dish, is very thick, loaded with toppings, such as suasage, and was meant to provide a quick and cheap meal to the working classes.

This has made me hungry and ready for lunch......

babatriestina
senator
senator

So it seems to me that the New Yorker are more similar to the true Italian and the Chicago style are what we see here as an American pizza!
And.. do you know the Pizza Hut? Well, they are tasty, but very far from a true italian pizza!

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Even here Pizza Hut is regarded as garbage food, just another fast food chain!!!! In reality most Americans don't eat like that. Not for every meal anyway!
Where I live there are excellent Italian restaurants (and even some more casual ones that serve a true Neopolitan pizza).

minni
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da minni »

For the coffee, there are a lot of ways of drinking it: a black is an espresso in a little cup ( beware! for someone here a black is a cup of black wine! :-D )

Hello everybody!
It has been a hard week at work, with all those adp problems - and they are saying that computers make your life easier! I wanted to have some cheering up and so we went out for a coffee. This time I thought to taste something that was called "ristretto". I had no idea what it is like, so I took a bigger cup for it...and only got a small amount of something black to my cup. So I pushed the button for a second time to double the amount. Ouh, it was really strong and my stomach is in pain now! So when I say I like black coffee, it is nothing like that -not that strong at all. Do you have this ristretto in Italy? Here they sell so called "special coffees" and you can take espresso, chocolate coffee, cappucino etc. And they aren't "handmade" there, instead they come from that machine.
Well, now I know the meaning of restretto and it is not for me...

babatriestina
senator
senator

The ristretto is very similar to the espresso. The first time I took it adding a lot of milk and sugar to make it bearable, now I drink it with only sugar.

minni
vilegiante
vilegiante

Re: Just to start

Messaggio da minni »

granzo ha scritto:I write some few words to encourage the people who look at us but still hesitate to register and write something...I know there's someone in Finland :wink: maybe in Germany too :wink: ....
Hello! I've lost your email address - please please contact me and Finland again... Hope you are okay!

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Hello Minni !

Lately Granzo is not writing on this forum. Anyway I will leave her a notice to tell her about your request.
:P

minni
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da minni »

Thank you very much! And greetings from Finland to all of you! We have such a cold weather at the moment, about -30C or even colder. Finally, they are promising warmer days..about -10C would be all right for a start. I guess it is warmer in Italy, so mayde you could send me some sunshine??

babatriestina
senator
senator

Here the wheather is warmer, 11 C, but we seldom see the sunshine, it's foggy, rainy... I'd prefere colder, sun and wind, a bit of Bora!

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Anyway it is a strange winter: the warmest I can remember :roll:

minni
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da minni »

AdlerTS ha scritto:Hi there :-D
We have pleasure in giving you our warmest welcome !

Some days ago I've been in Munich with -12 C and it was amazing for me: I cannot imagine -30 C :shock:

Where are you from exactly?
I'm from eastern Finland, from the land of thousand lakes. It is really beautiful here in summer time, maybe you should come and see it yourself. Meantime, I'm dreaming of a trip to Italy... At the moment the weather here is about that of Munich, -11C exactly. It is not s problem if you are dressed properly. Still, we are happy to greet spring and the Sun after a winter.

Torna a “English section”