Città vecchia

de Trieste, cenni storici, immagini vece e nove, ricordi..
Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Greetings everyone! Just checking to see if there has been any new developments in Trieste, in the citta vecchia of course, of late. Thanks AdlerTS for being so kind to translate your post into english as well. It seems like the restoration of the Palazzo Marenzi is almost complete? Also, has anyone heard about the well known architect Norman Foster's work on the porto vecchio?

p.s.
I'll understand if my post gets moved to the english section.

babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

Derick ha scritto:Greetings everyone! Just checking to see if there has been any new developments in Trieste, in the citta vecchia of course, of late. Thanks AdlerTS for being so kind to translate your post into english as well. It seems like the restoration of the Palazzo Marenzi is almost complete? Also, has anyone heard about the well known architect Norman Foster's work on the porto vecchio?

p.s.
I'll understand if my post gets moved to the english section.
I posted an image of a door in via dei Cavazzeni, a house is renovated and they have taken away the scaffolding.
Palazzo Marenzi is still in work :(
Porto vecchio is in the center of a storm because before doing anything they have to agree what do to with it: free haven , separated from the city by the customs, or , if possible, what they are still debating, inserted in the city ?

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Derick ha scritto:Thanks AdlerTS for being so kind to translate your post into english as well.
You're welcome :wink:

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Thanks everyone! Still more questions on my end. Were more excavations carried out on the Roman ruins along the via capitelli? I am refering to the columns and bases that were excavated a few years ago. It seems likely that there is much more lurking beneath the ground level. Has the restoration of the old city increased the residential population of the area? Has it helped Trieste attract more tourists?

babatriestina
senator
senator

flag_uk
Derick ha scritto:T Were more excavations carried out on the Roman ruins along the via capitelli? I am refering to the columns and bases that were excavated a few years ago. It seems likely that there is much more lurking beneath the ground level.

it's all blocked, but under the canvas there should be more..
flag_ts
( el ne domanda come che xe con i scavi de via dei Capitelli, drio de via Crosada, e concordemo che soto devi esser parecchia roba. solo che xe tuto fermo.)
flag_uk
Derick ha scritto: Has the restoration of the old city increased the residential population of the area? Has it helped Trieste attract more tourists?

This summer we have seen more and more tourists, I don't know if related to the excavations,. I see people with baggage directed to the news hotels and residences in the area
flag_ts
el ne domanda se ga contribuido al turismo, ghe go risposto che no so se xe per quel, ma turisti se ghe ne ga visti de più sta estate, e parecchia gente con valige nela zona dei novi alberghi e residence in citàvecia

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Seeing the extents of the Roman city under the modern one I am only stating the obvious when I say that the colle San Giusto is much like Rome's Capitoline Hill. Question is how far into the topography the remains go. I understand that a car park is planned for the residents of the citta vecchia. One would think that digging in the area will reveal a lot more and might prove difficult.

btw, a colleague of mine recently stopped in Trieste on their way to Croatia and loved the city. That sentiment seems echoed by others I know that have stopped by.

babatriestina
senator
senator

Derick ha scritto:Seeing the extents of the Roman city under the modern one I am only stating the obvious when I say that the colle San Giusto is much like Rome's Capitoline Hill. Question is how far into the topography the remains go. I understand that a car park is planned for the residents of the citta vecchia. One would think that digging in the area will reveal a lot more and might prove difficult.
Think that some roman rests ( the Basilica ) were found by chance in the '20es , digging for the monument to the fighers of the 1WW. The car park is blocked, but they said it was to be constructed veri inside the hill, in the rock. It is intended non only for the residents, but in hope that people coming by car in town could have a place where to leave it. And it should have an elevator for people visiting the hill by foot.

Todat an article on teh locar newspaper states that they will continue the work on palazzo Marenzi, which was stopped for a year. Lack of funds? I didn't undestand

babatriestina
senator
senator

babatriestina ha scritto:Articolo sul Piccolo de oggi:
a novembre sarà finidi i restauri a Palazzo Marenzi.
Sarà sul serio cussì? .
cussì scrivevo nel 2006...
ben semo nel 2008 e qualcossa i sta cavando zo dele impalcature.In attesa cHe i finissi e che Zoomy ne fazzi un dei sui bei lavori, un per de immagini:
La facciata su via dei Rettori, cole finestre inquadrade de piera
Immagine
un particolar delle finestre, le ricorda certi palazzi veneziani
Immagine
un dettaglio delle portefinestre all'angolo, dove che xe el pergoletto
Immagine

"mi credo che i scrivi sta roba per insempiar la gente" ( La Cittadella)
babatriestina
senator
senator

per l'interno, iera giusto el porton semiaverto :-D
ecco l'atrio, el scalon xe a sinistra
Immagine
i archi e el soffitto su travi de legno
Immagine
i paroni Marenzi vivi a Vienna, però qualche tomba Marenzi xe anche nel vicinato, queste xe in un paesin in Slovenia sotto de Artuise
Immagine

Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Wonderful pictures! It's good to see some progress in the citta vecchia and on the Palazzo Marenzi. Are there plans to build over the foundations (medieval or roman?) in the pictures, or is this going to be an archaeological park?

babatriestina
senator
senator

Derick ha scritto:. Are there plans to build over the foundations (medieval or roman?) in the pictures, or is this going to be an archaeological park?
They are using the old restaurated houses as new flats.
Only the most striking roman ruins will remain as archeological remains, I think.

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Derick ha scritto:Wonderful pictures! It's good to see some progress in the citta vecchia and on the Palazzo Marenzi. Are there plans to build over the foundations (medieval or roman?) in the pictures, or is this going to be an archaeological park?
Derick, for some other new pictures of "città vecchia" clickhere :wink:

Mal no far, paura no gaver.
Derick
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da Derick »

Thanks everyone! :wink:

babatriestina
senator
senator

procedi i lavori a Palazzo Marenzi:
i ga cavado le impalcature sul fianco
Immagine
se comincia a veder el cortile, sul lato de via del teatro romano, con i archi
Immagine
dovessi vegnir come una piazzetta con un porticato

babatriestina
senator
senator

Me taco qua, ma podevo meterme anche nele vie de Citàvecia de Sum Culex, ma gavevo parlado qua de palazzo Argento in via delle Beccherie:
i ga cavado l'impalcatura, e se vedi di fronte le due finestre de ferro battudo, forsi anche seicentesche, che xe nei veci album de foto de citaveciia: certo, le gavessi bisogno per lo meno de una man de pittura:
Immagine
un dettaglio dela decorazion in alto
Immagine
Ghe iera a Trieste delle opere de ferro battudo, qualcossa xe conservado al orto lapidario. Adesso se trova qualche artigian nei paesi intorno.

babatriestina
senator
senator

Di fronte, i ga cavado le impalcature in basso de palazzo Argento.
Palazzo??? :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:
o no i ga più bori per restaurar, ma se questo iera el palazzo dei siori de una delle Tredici Casade, no i iera assai ben messi:
Immagine
sula porta de ingresso, xe sempre el stemma de piera coi scacchi dei Argento
Immagine

ma el tutto me par assai malandado, speremo che i vadi avanti coi lavori
Immagine

babatriestina
senator
senator

babatriestina ha scritto: in fondo a via della piccola fornace ghe xe un passaggio

che porta a un vecio pozzo ( vero, K?)

e po a una scala malandada e formalmente chiusa che porta al Parco della Rimembranza
ben, de qualche tempo la xe serada non solo più formalmente, eccola da parco dela Rimembranza

Immagine

babatriestina
senator
senator

babatriestina ha scritto: i paroni Marenzi vivi a Vienna, però qualche tomba Marenzi xe anche nel vicinato
e se andè in cimitero, ghe troverè anche una tomba de Giuseppe de Marenzi 1804-1874, con el stemma dei Marenzi, molte alabarde sulle colonnette davanti e un bel stemma de Trieste austroungarica in alto sul fianco. Andè a zercarvela! :-D

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

babatriestina ha scritto: Andè a zercarvela! :-D
Jutine col campo, almeno :-)

Mal no far, paura no gaver.
babatriestina
senator
senator

AdlerTS ha scritto:
babatriestina ha scritto: Andè a zercarvela! :-D
Jutine col campo, almeno :-)
no me go notado, me par che sia campo II. Se no xe quel, xe campo I o III o IV, insomma i campi più antichi.

Torna a “Quartieri e rioni”