Have you visted Mostar since they rebuilt the bridge?

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
Ron
ixolan
ixolan

Have you visted Mostar since they rebuilt the bridge?

Messaggio da Ron »

Last night, on the BBC TV, there was a program by Michael Palin in which he toured what he called "The New Europe" and one of the places he visited was Mostar.
In August 1988 Nita & I had a splendid week in Dubrovnik and made an excursion to Mostar where we fell in love with the old bridge.
On the 9th November 1992 the Bosnian Croats shelled and destroyed the bridge and this was finally replaced with a new structure which was featured in the documentary we saw last night.
The photo shows Nita second from the right with the old bridge in the background.
Allegati
Mostar 3.JPG

As a British soldier, I was stationed in the Trieste area from October 1945 until January 1947
macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

I was just thinking to write something about the programme of last night!

I am a great admirer of the several outstanding documentaries made by Michael Palin for the BBC. A very good example of quality television paid by the licence fee from the British viewers (RAI, eat your heart!!!).
A few words of introduction. Michael Palin is a famous British comedian better known for the Monthy Python productions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Palin
The Italian audience will be probably remember him from "A Fish called Wanda" and a lesser part in "Life of Brian".

In 1989 he did the first of a long series of travel documentaries, Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days. Usually, these series were broadcasted in conjunction of a well illustrated book and followed by a collection of DVD. Highly recommended.

His last series, which will last few weeks, is about the New Europe, that is, the European countries formerly from the Eastern (Communist) Europe. Starting face to the Triglav, Palin visited yesterday Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Albania. Possibly too much for an hour programme, but quite enjoyable nonetheless. Looking forward to next Sunday...
:-D
Ultima modifica di macondo il lun 17 set 2007, 22:53, modificato 1 volta in totale.

Ron
ixolan
ixolan

Mostar & Dubrovnik

Messaggio da Ron »

Mac
I was just thinking to write something about the programme of last night!
They say "great minds think alike"
I mentioned Dubrovnik, our Hotel was the Excelsior and we had a huge terrace attached to our room from which I used to sketch every morning.
(see the attached pics)
Allegati
Ron's sketch.jpg
Hotel Excelsior 3.JPG

As a British soldier, I was stationed in the Trieste area from October 1945 until January 1947

Torna a “English section”