Help - I want to by a Omega watch

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
ape
naufrago
naufrago

Help - I want to by a Omega watch

Messaggio da ape »

I want to buy a Omega watch for my friend.

The price is about 1000~1500 euro.

But I am not familiar with Trieste although I have been here for two years.

Could somebody give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance !

babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

There are many years since I bought watches here, but if I had to, I'll try in via Battisti ( near the pasta shop Mariabologna), or Lican in Corso. If you're interested in old Omega watches, see the Stadion auction, they sell sometimes old watches .
generally speaking, jewellery shops usually sell those tipe of watches.

ape
naufrago
naufrago

Messaggio da ape »

Thank you very much!

I'll try the shop in via Battisti ( near the pasta shop Mariabologna).

I am sorry I don't know where is "or Lican in Corso". Which street?

This time I just want to buy a new watch, thank you for your advise.

Actually I looked for in many jewelery shop and they sold many types of watch, but no Omega (and The price is about 1000~1500 euro). Maybe I should look more jewelery shop.

macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

ape ha scritto:Thank you very much!
Corso Italia is the most important street in Trieste that links Piazza Goldoni with Piazza della Borsa. Lican should be close to Piazza della Borsa, if I recall correctly...

ape
naufrago
naufrago

Messaggio da ape »

Oh, I see. Thank you very much!
Actually I have been there for many times.
But I don't remember the name of the street. Shy for that.
macondo ha scritto:
ape ha scritto:Thank you very much!
Corso Italia is the most important street in Trieste that links Piazza Goldoni with Piazza della Borsa. Lican should be close to Piazza della Borsa, if I recall correctly...

babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

Did you find you watch?
I saw in Via Roma, near Piazza Ponterosso a shop with Omega Watches written on the window.
Otherwise, you could try the little antique jewel shop in via Reti, near Piazza S Giovanni, where there is the Verdi monument. I don't think it will be cheap..

Gianni Bowman
naufrago
naufrago

Messaggio da Gianni Bowman »

:-) Hope you fine the watch you are looking for.I have a omega watch-all gold Even the face markings and hands-When in Trieste and stationed in opicina in 1947 I was the bartender in our EM club,along with a Italian from Sicily,i was paid $50 a month an at the time not attached(before Yolanda) not needing money for drinks and girls-i save it for a few months and went to the main PX and with a friend of mine a Sgt Brooks who was the club manager ,we brought gifts for ourself-He got a gold Cig case and i the omega watch-Later in 1950 Yolanda gave me a gold band for the watch for Christmas-It was carat and very soft -I still have the watch and it still runs well-i broke the stem and had it replace-but they did not have a gold one-The band broke so many tine that we sold it on one of our trips to opicina-to the same jeweler that she got it from in 1950-used and broken he gave her $600 for it,i believe she paid about $100 when she first got it.I dont ware it very often but when i do it keeps good time-In all these years never had it repaired-but did get it cleaned once in trieste yeRS go. good luck on finding one Ciao Stame ben John

Ciao-My Best to all,Stame Ben Gianni
Larry
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Larry »

:-D :-D Ciao Gianni. Quel surprise! Fancy finding you here tonight.
That's something I didn't expect. Omega? Alpha. I've got a very old Bulova that doesn't work anymore somewhere in the house. Nice to see you, nice.! Cheers, Larry

Auld acquaintance should ne'er be forgot
For the sake of auld lang's syne

Torna a “English section”