a special law for parents

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

a special law for parents

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Is it true what they told me that Mr. Brown in the UK is pushing to get a new law that allow parents to work less hour per day when your child is in some particular moment of the school (for instance hard exams and so on ....)
For the italian society would be amazing :-)

macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Re: a special law for parents

Messaggio da macondo »

AdlerTS ha scritto:Is it true what they told me that Mr. Brown in the UK is pushing to get a new law that allow parents to work less hour per day when your child is in some particular moment of the school (for instance hard exams and so on ....)
For the italian society would be amazing :-)
The so called 'Family Friendly hours' have been introduced since the Employment Rights Act in 1996. However the rights have been extended during the Labour Government in 2003 and 2007. For instance, a Father Paternity leave was introduced and, recently the amount and period of maternity pay has been doubled, with tripling the length of maternity leave.
I am not aware about the new law you mentioned, but I won't be surprised if it's on the pipeline. One of the top priority of Gordon Brown Government is in fact the Family...

nanaia
ixolan
ixolan

LAWS ON MATERNITY

Messaggio da nanaia »

I continue here, but if you prefer, we can open a new topic in the Salotin.
However, I'm interested in knowing how long was the maternity leave in GB before the new rules. In Italy, the maternity leave is of 2 months before the baby is born and 3 month after the birth. Moreover, you can take an extra 6-month period receiving 30% of your salary; this period can be used either by the mother OR by the father (nor both of them, obvously!). If I understand correctly, this should be the latest introduction of the present british government, is it not?

Torna a “English section”