Patriots Secret Surcharges

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Patriots Secret Surcharges

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
What are these, andwhat is their history?
Aldo
Allegati
Patriot Secret Surcharges.jpg

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

I've never see them before: their italian, but the funny stamp over them is something curious :-)

Mal no far, paura no gaver.
serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

Very strange! I collected stamps for many years, but I've never seen the stamp on them. It seems the emblem of austrian Trieste, with the
halberd and the red-white-red background. Perhaps it's the stamp of some private Association.

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
[size=75][i]"Quando comincia una guerra, la prima vittima è la Verità.
Quando la guerra finisce, le bugie dei vinti sono smascherate,
quelle dei vincitori, diventano Storia."
(A. Petacco - La nostra guerra)[/size][/i]
macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

The set is probably a private philatelic fantasy...

trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Secret Surcharges Cover

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
Aquired this cover cancelled 1947
Does this help anyone elucidate its history?
Aldo
Allegati
Patriot Secret Surcharges Cover.jpg

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

Funny and strange once again.

The stamp "Trieste sempre italiana 03.11.1918 - 10.02.1947" does not go together with the halberd of Trieste with the red / white / stripes that is an austro-hungarian icon.

Moreover, in the 1947 Trieste was not a part of Italy: we had the Free territory of Trieste ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Territory_of_Trieste )
Allegati
icon.jpeg
icon.jpeg (5.59 KiB) Visto 2426 volte

rofizal
Eximio
Eximio

Messaggio da rofizal »

Sul sito de Libero ghe xe 4 pagine de notizie sulle emisioni de quei anni (e anche una galeria fotografica), no me par ghe sia qualcosa a riguardo de questa, ma comunque magari pol iutar.

Ognuno sta solo sul cuor della terra
trafitto da un raggio di sole:
ed è subito sera

[S. Quasimodo]
babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

I suggest that it could be something made in Italy in 1947 about Trieste. The round impression seems to me not to be a normal post office stamp.

"mi credo che i scrivi sta roba per insempiar la gente" ( La Cittadella)
macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

The cancellation is also a 'philatelic fantasy' and never postally used.

The rubber stamp reads 'TRIESTE SEMPRE ITALIANA' "3-11-18/10-2/47"

By the way, what's happened on the 10th of February 1947?

serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

The 10th February 1947 has been signed the treaty of peace with Italy.

http://cronologia.leonardo.it/storia/a1947aa.htm

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
[size=75][i]"Quando comincia una guerra, la prima vittima è la Verità.
Quando la guerra finisce, le bugie dei vinti sono smascherate,
quelle dei vincitori, diventano Storia."
(A. Petacco - La nostra guerra)[/size][/i]
1382-1918
citadin
citadin

Messaggio da 1382-1918 »

serlilian ha scritto:The 10th February 1947 has been signed the treaty of peace with Italy.

And when the treaty came into force on the 15th of September 1947, Italy lost full sovereignity over Trieste, Istria, Fiume and Zara in favour of the Free Territory of Trieste and Yugoslavia.

babatriestina
senator
senator

1382-1918 ha scritto:
serlilian ha scritto:The 10th February 1947 has been signed the treaty of peace with Italy.

And when the treaty came into force on the 15th of September 1947, Italy lost full sovereignity over Trieste, Istria, Fiume and Zara in favour of the Free Territory of Trieste and Yugoslavia.
This point is not accepted as it is stated by all jurists: of course, the sovereignity over most Istria,Fiume Zara, Cherso Lussin and the Carsian zone passed to Yugoslavia , but about Trieste , Capodistria ( the Zones A and B of the Free Territory of Trieste, occupied by the Anglo -American and by the Yougoslavia ): the Free Territory was never fully realized, because nobody agreed aboout the nomination of the governor, the two zones A and B remained separated and Zone A was ruled by a military allied government.
The stamps before 1947- of course only the Zone A- were marked AMG VG ( Allied Militar Government Venezia Giulia) after 1947 were AMG FTT : Allied Militar Government Free Territory Trieste, on italian stamps.
So those stamps cannot come from within Trieste, my suggestion is that they come from Italy.

trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

It got to Rome!

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All
Really should have included the back, which suggests it arrived 21/4/47?
Aldo
Allegati
Patriot Secret Surcharges Cover back.jpg

1382-1918
citadin
citadin

Messaggio da 1382-1918 »

babatriestina ha scritto:This point is not accepted as it is stated by all jurists: of course, the sovereignity over most Istria,Fiume Zara, Cherso Lussin and the Carsian zone passed to Yugoslavia , but about Trieste , Capodistria ( the Zones A and B of the Free Territory of Trieste, occupied by the Anglo -American and by the Yougoslavia ):

I'm sorry, but you can't say that. What does "all jurists" mean?
Maybe some italian jurist has not accepted that, not ALL of them.

If you carefully read the art. 21 (paragraph 2 and 3) of the Peace Treaty you can find:
2. Italian sovereignty over the area constituting the Free Territory of Trieste, as above defined, shall be terminated upon the coming into force of the present Treaty.
That's crystal clear! Italian sovereignity has come to an end on the day the Treaty came into force, and that day was the 15th of September 1947. Official proclamation of the FTT was publicly made by general Airey on the very next day.
babatriestina ha scritto:the Free Territory was never fully realized, because nobody agreed aboout the nomination of the governor, the two zones A and B remained separated and Zone A was ruled by a military allied government.
As you can read below, it doesn't matter that the FTT was only in its provisional regime, both regimes, provisional and permanent, are part of the Treaty, hence, provisional regime was applied in accordance to the articles of the Treaty, after italian sovereignity ceased. The military governments were also established by the Treaty's provisions, as part of the provisional regime for the FTT. Only the Permanent regime failed to be applied for the reasons you mentioned.
3. On the termination of Italian sovereignty, the Free Territory of Trieste shall be governed in accordance with an instrument for a provisional régime drafted by the Council of Foreign Ministers and approved by the Security Council. This Instrument shall remain in force until such date as the Security Council shall fix for the coming into force of the Permanent Statute which shall have been approved by it. The Free Territory shall thenceforth be governed by the provisions of such Permanent Statute. The texts of the Permanent Statute and of the Instrument for the Provisional Regime are contained in Annexes VI and VII.
babatriestina ha scritto:The stamps before 1947- of course only the Zone A- were marked AMG VG ( Allied Militar Government Venezia Giulia) after 1947 were AMG FTT : Allied Militar Government Free Territory Trieste, on italian stamps.
So those stamps cannot come from within Trieste, my suggestion is that they come from Italy.
Surely they came from Italy! What's the problem with it? There are several countries in Europe itself, which are using currency and stamps from neighbouring countries (even with no overprint, that we had).
The fact that they came from Italy is an even better demonstration that Italy was forced to provide the FTT with currency and stamps, as established by the article 11 (Annex VII) of the Peace Treaty.
Pending the establishment of a separate currency regime for the Free Territory the Italian lira shall continue to be the legal tender within the Free Territory. The Italian Government shall supply the foreign exchange and currency needs of the Free Territory under conditions no less favourable than those applying in Italy.

Italy and the Free Territory shall enter into an agreement to give effect to the above provisions as well as to provide for any settlement between the two Governments which may be required.
After all, it doesn't matter anymore, does it?
Somehow Italy has managed so well to get Trieste back again, so her sovereignity is here again, if this can make you feel better. ;-)

babatriestina
senator
senator

1382-1918 ha scritto:
babatriestina ha scritto:This point is not accepted as it is stated by all jurists

I'm sorry, but you can't say that. What does "all jurists" mean?
Maybe some italian jurist has not accepted that, not ALL of them.
True, I said that not all jurists accepted it, not that all jurists didn't accept. :one of those who didn't accept was prof. Cammarata, rector of the Trieste university.
1382-1918 ha scritto:
babatriestina ha scritto: So those stamps cannot come from within Trieste, my suggestion is that they come from Italy.
Surely they came from Italy! What's the problem with it?
whe I say "those stamps, I' don't refere to the stamps of the AMGFTT, but to the stamps posted at the beginning of this topic.

trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

Patriots

Messaggio da trieste1 »

The original paper the stamps came with is imaged below. The stamps were produced by patriots in italy.
It reads:
'These 5 fantastic pairs were secretly surcharged by a group of Itlalian patriots as a protests at the loss of the territory of trieste. ???? bought every set that wasnt used and passess em on to youo as an exclusive...
Aldo
Allegati
Patriot Secret Surcharges inf.jpg

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Re: Patriots

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

trieste1 ha scritto:Bought every set that wasnt used and passess em on to youo as an exclusive...
Aldo
Thank you :-)

Torna a “Filatelia e numismatica triestine”