Swine Flu

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
serlilian
distinto
distinto

Swine Flu

Messaggio da serlilian »

I cannot understand if swine flu is really dangerous.
Sometimes it seems to be like a normal flu, maybe causing less casualties then the other one.
For other newspapers it's a kind of God punishment and very many people seem to be going to die.
What do you think and what is your experience on swine flu?
At the radio they told that british air companies don't let travel people showing some fever, cough or weakness. :shock:
I'm going to go in Ireland, at the end of August. Will they ask me to do gymnastics, in order to show that I'm not weak? :lol:

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
[size=75][i]"Quando comincia una guerra, la prima vittima è la Verità.
Quando la guerra finisce, le bugie dei vinti sono smascherate,
quelle dei vincitori, diventano Storia."
(A. Petacco - La nostra guerra)[/size][/i]
macondo
Distinto
Distinto

Messaggio da macondo »

Liliana, if you are going to feel the symptoms of swine fever or any other debilitating illnesses, perish the thought, on the eve of your journey to Ireland, I suppose you will be wise enough to cancel or postpone your holidays :wink:

serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

Of course. But I would like to know something more about this illness.

Now at the radio a doctor is explaining that swine flu causes the same percentage of death of any other flu, but it spreads more quickly and, for this, it will affect very many people.

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
dcobau
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da dcobau »

Hi Lilliana,

if a country like Britain decides to inoculate all of its population, it must be a serious matter. Australia in also in the process of obtaining many millions of serum dosages for the same purposes. I understand that now the situation is of global importance.

Dave

dcobau
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da dcobau »

I forgot to add that the serum will not be available to australians until october 09.

serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

In fact the serum doesn't still exist. In Italy they said to have bought 4 millions doses, at the beginning, but it wasn't the right vaccine. It was that worthy for some previous flu. :(

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -
Ron
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Ron »

All being well, my wife & I are planning to spend a week in Taormina, in Sicily, during September.

I must remember to take throat pastilles with me which I will take before I enter the UK Airport, just in case they are stopping people from flying if they hear them coughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciao

Ron

As a British soldier, I was stationed in the Trieste area from October 1945 until January 1947
Ursus Canadiensis
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Ursus Canadiensis »

serlilian ha scritto:In fact the serum doesn't still exist. In Italy they said to have bought 4 millions doses, at the beginning, but it wasn't the right vaccine. It was that worthy for some previous flu. :(
While a specific anti-virus for H1N1 is not presently ready, it is being produced. Roche of Canada will have 34m doses ready by flue season, October, enough to immunize every Canadian who wishes to be immunized.

The virus did catch the industry with its pants down, true, but that in itself is scarcely a history making event. Think of the Asian flue, the HIV and other unpleasant little buggers that have been afflicting us. Non of them arrived announced, flags waving. As I said, nothing new there!

Arnie

If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instruction manual.
Ursus Canadiensis
ixolan
ixolan

dcobau ha scritto:I forgot to add that the serum will not be available to australians until october 09.
From what I understand from this end of the globe, Dave, it takes all those months to bubble, ferment or whatever it is that antiviral molecular compounds do to become effective.

Arnie

Royski
vilegiante
vilegiante

Swinne Flu

Messaggio da Royski »

Liliana. The following is from the Daily Telegraph Wednesday 22 July.

31 people have died in Britain, only one of whom did not have medical problems. A candidate at a parliamentary election in Norwich tomorrow has contracted it yesterday. The Chief Medical Officer says they do not have all the answers. (end of Telegraph quotes)
If there is anything you can do. Wash your hands more frequently is easy.BUT whether to avoid public transport is a more difficult option. Certainly the virus is spreading and will continue to do so. It will be the dominant flu strain with us for years. Carry on living Liliana. If you go to Ireland the only probable test will be the need to drink a pint of GUINNESS.

Be aware that Ryanair are reducing flights during the coming winter possibly including TS

Ursus Canadiensis
ixolan
ixolan

Wearing gloves while using public transport also goes a long way toward infection prevention.

Arnie

gene odom
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da gene odom »

Just to digress for a moment, twenty-two high school students from Maryland and the District of Columbia traveled to China last week to practice Chinese and tour China. But after several of them showed symptoms of swine flu, the whole group received a crash course in the Chinese health-care system.

On Tuesday one third of the group, the ill members of the group, was hospitalized the remainder of the group was quarantined at a hotel and required to wear masks. The Chinese were very good to the students, all they could eat, MP3s and laptops, and lots of books in Chinese from which to learn the language.

This is one example in how one country handled an outbreak of swine flu by American students. I have no word regarding how the Chinese handle other swine flu patients. Swine flu does not seem to be a problem here in the USA so come on over. I have not heard of entire plane loads of ill or potentially ill visitors being quarantined. I believe there has been a few problems with visitors from South America.

I recognize this is not Ireland, I thought I would provide the information to ease the stories being told about the handling of air travelers in the swine flu environment. Enjoy your trips and don't fret it.

Gene Odom

serlilian
distinto
distinto

Messaggio da serlilian »

Dear friends, be sure that I'll enjoy my tour and drink MORE than one pint Guinness. 8) :lol:
We will travel by Air Lingus, from Venice.

[i]Liliana[/i]
- . - . -

Torna a “English section”