NZ Soldiers who Liberated Trieste- Doug and Jack

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
trieste1
vilegiante
vilegiante

NZ Soldiers who Liberated Trieste- Doug and Jack

Messaggio da trieste1 »

Hi All

here is a recent aquisition that might be of interest. Two postcards which appear to be from a NZ soldier (they came in a lot of PCs from NZ, but hese were the onlt 2 annotated cards.) See the scans, but I have transcribed the text below:

Palace of Justice card- This was one of Jerry’s last hold out point in Trieste. They had themselves planted in the day we arrived. We were outside this building for three hours waiting for them to give themselves up but refused to do so. We moved in and tanks took over + blew the place to pieces. Thise who survived got away into the hills though the ???? Etc but were afterwards caught. Jack and Doug helped to round them up. Doug got wounded and jack got a few cuts from mortar fire from Tito’s ???? who was also doing the round up.

Post office card- Trieste Post Office around which I got the biggest fright of my life to date. Was on guard there for two hours in the night. Tito went mad live stuff going all around and ne on my lonesome.

Great bits of history.

Aldo
Allegati
palace of justice.jpg
palace of justice.jpg (72.51 KiB) Visto 1286 volte
Postoffice.jpg
Postoffice.jpg (65.66 KiB) Visto 1286 volte

babatriestina
senator
senator

Re: NZ Soldiers who Liberated Trieste- Doug and Jack

Messaggio da babatriestina »

trieste1 ha scritto: Thise who survived got away into the hills though the ????
cellars?

Etc but were afterwards caught. Jack and Doug helped to round them up. Doug got wounded and jack got a few cuts from mortar fire from Tito’s ????
crowd?
who was also doing the round up.
Last German resistance at Law Court, which was connected by tunnels underground called Little Berlin
1 or 2 may of course 1945

"mi credo che i scrivi sta roba per insempiar la gente" ( La Cittadella)

Torna a “English section”