I have some new info... please give it a read just in case!

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

mauricioom ha scritto:I knew that! fly would be Mosca also in spanish u know?...thank god we didn't transated it!
I've got some news for you: I've found that about the end of XII century there are two brothers, Enrico and Nappo, that became Lords of Moccò, a small place between Trieste and the slovenian border.
At that time, Lord of Moccò was written Lord of Mucho.
As you can see, there is not a big gap from Mucho, Muha and Mucha :-D

I don't know if they are related to you, but there is a possibility.

mauricioom
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da mauricioom »

Adler!
That's amazing that could very well be a posibility! I've never heard of Moccò before! I'll dig in to this to see what i can find!
Thanks so much, as always!
Mauricio

mauricioom
vilegiante
vilegiante

Hi Guys!
I found this amazing page all in slovenian that has a section with what i think is a list of births from de 1600s there are some MUCHAs! All the website is dedicated to LOKEV: http://fonda.amadej.si/

Immagine

There's an edited list with the entries for MUCHA, in the column where MUCHA appears sais in slovenian: Surname, and in the one that appears MUHA sais: Surname Today... so maybe all this time we got it wrong actually MUCHA was first and then it was adapted to slovenian as Muha! and this form is the one that survives to this day!...

All this births were apparentely in Corgnale (Lokev) in between 1664-1682 so some of this might be grandparents to Juan Francisco de Mucha!

I hope to hear your comments regarding this new info!
Mauricio

AdlerTS
cavalier del forum
cavalier del forum

Messaggio da AdlerTS »

It looks like we had a spanish town close to Trieste :-D

babatriestina
senator
senator

Messaggio da babatriestina »

The site is very nice, with some pictures and old postcards of Lokev: I found very interesting the surnames, with the 1600 spelling and the contemporary one: it's written differently, but it's adapted to the modern Slovenian pronouncing. Some of the old spelling is in use here at Trieste ( e.g. Tauzer or Tauzher as some friends of mine, which now there is written Tavcar - i omit the sign on the c).

mauricioom
vilegiante
vilegiante

Why would you say that AdleR? hehe... the names do sound a little more latinizied than the rest in that list you know?..

Yeah, the site is amazing! I so want to learn slovenian! :-D
There are some pics of the St. Michael's Church! the same of the lovely pics you posted once babatriestina! That list is in fact really interesting, that coould be of help to anyone outhere! just to check their sunames in the od form (or the new)...

So you guys do agree that MUCHA was first at least in Lokev? if this is the case then my family kept the old form, instead of what i thought, that they had changed it!.. this is some exaiting news ah?

Mauricio

Torna a “English section”