other US & commonwealth units stationed in Trieste

Regole del forum
Collegamenti al regolamento del forum in varie lingue ed alle norme sulla privacy in italiano.
vorwaerts
vilegiante
vilegiante

other US & commonwealth units stationed in Trieste

Messaggio da vorwaerts »

I found the BETFOR ass. site very interesting, especially the galleries and the BETFOR order of battle,which helped me to list all the units serving in Trieste.What I still miss is the list of other Commonwealth formations that served in Trieste from early may 1945 onwards. Anybody remembers that and could help?
I would also need the order of battle of the 88th and other units serving in Trieste.
THanks in advance for any help

Larry
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Larry »

Vorwaerts, Order of Battle 88th. Go to Yahoo. Type in Trust Troopers Trieste. You should get a link to their TRIESTE web-site and on there you will be able to get onto the pages about the 88th.
Cheers, Larry

Auld acquaintance should ne'er be forgot
For the sake of auld lang's syne
vorwaerts
vilegiante
vilegiante

Messaggio da vorwaerts »

Thank you Larry!

How about the New Zealand Expedition Forces that stayed in Trieste from may to July/Aug 1945 and other country units? I believe there were indians as well. Do you recall any of such units?
Looking for aerial pics, I found that in 1944 Trieste was shelled by french and south african airplanes, but I don't know if any ground troops entered the city at that time. regards

Larry
ixolan
ixolan

Messaggio da Larry »

:-D Macht nicht, Vorwaerts. My pleasure. I have only just discovered that Google and Yahoo are two mines of information simply because I do NOT surf the web. But if you write New Zealand Expeditionary Forces, Italy, 1944/45 in that little box at the top right of your screen (well, it is on mine) you will be surprised at the answers you get. Nicht wahr?
Gut. macht so und gute nacht.
Larry

Auld acquaintance should ne'er be forgot
For the sake of auld lang's syne

Torna a “English section”